Who benefits from Discovery's services?
What makes Discovery different from other child care centers?
- Families with children aged 2-6 looking for developmentally appropriate programming, social interactions, and a safe and nurturing environment for their child.
- Primary school educators who need children entering school ready to learn.
- Valley employers who require a stable, reliable child care support system for their workforce.
Who owns Discovery?
- Discovery has set the bar for quality in early childhood education in our community. Discovery's programming excellence is recognized through accreditation with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the nation's largest professional membership organization for Early Childhood professionals and practitioners. We are the only accredited child care center in the Flathead Valley, and one of only 17 in the state of Montana.
- Discovery's teaching staff all hold degrees in Education and/or Child Development or other related fields, and participate in many hours of continuing education annually. Staff turnover is very low.
- Discovery's vision is to serve a diverse population of families that reflect all levels of abilities and income, a vision not found in other organizations created to serve specific populations of segment of our economy.
Discovery is set-up as a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation. The corporation is run by a volunteer board of Directors. An Executive Director takes care of the day-to-day management of the business. No one particular person has a vested interest in the physical property.
How is Discovery funded?
Why should I give to Discovery?
- Parent tuition fees & state scholarships for limited income families - 85%
- Small family-based and special event fundraisers - 8%
- Community and foundation grants and donations - 4%
- Other sources of income - 3%
Discovery has proven itself to be a model early childhood program as well as a viable community business since 1992. Many of our community values are reflected in the values Discovery was founded on and continues to utilize in its daily-to-day operations.
- We value safe, healthy, caring places for young children to spend their days in.
- We value educational opportunities for all children regardless of income, ability or religious affiliation.
- We value businesses in the community that provide needed support services for families in our growing workforce.
- We value leadership that strives to meet and exceed industry standards.
No Federal, State, or local taxes are used to support Discovery. There is no corporate or religious affiliation that provides financial support. Community support will allow this type of early childhood environment to remain a viable option for Flathead Valley families.