Discovery is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation. The corporation is run by a volunteer board of Directors. An Executive Director takes care of the day-to-day management of the business. No one particular person has a vested interest in the physical property.
• Parent tuition fees & state scholarships for income-eligible families – 85%
• Small family-based and special event fundraisers – 8%
• Community and foundation grants and donations – 4%
• Other sources of income – 3%
• No Federal, State, or local taxes are used to support Discovery. There is no corporate or religious affiliation that provides financial support.
• Eighty-five (85%) of Discovery’s budget is funded through tuition fees. The remainder of the budget comes from community support that allows this type of early childhood environment to remain a viable option for Flathead Valley families.
• Discovery is accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and meets and/or exceeds their stringent child/adult ratios.
• Discovery serves a diverse population of children and families that reflect a variety of abilities and income, a vision not found in other organizations created to serve specific populations or segments of our economy.
• Discovery child / adult ratios exceed both licensing and NAEYC standards by assigning 3 staff to each classroom. Not only does this provide exceptional ratios on most days, but also allows for relationship continuity on days when staff are ill or away.
• Discovery maintains a family-friendly, open environment within a center-based facility. We have been serving families in the community since 1992, and are now beginning to enroll the children of alumni.
Yes, we accept check donations by mail. Please send donations to:
Discovery Developmental Center
75 Glenwood Drive
Kalispell, MT 59901
Yes, Discovery Developmental Center is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable under the law.
Yes. Your security is important to us. We use PayPal for online donations to ensure your personal and credit card information is kept private and secure.